Agri-Tech and Environmental Sustainability is a free, one-day hybrid conference bringing together thought-leaders from the agrifood industry, research and policy alongside the four UK Agri-Tech Centres – Agrimetrics, Agri-EPI Centre, CHAP (Crop Health and Protection) and CIEL (Centre for Innovation Excellence in Livestock). Experts in a variety of fields will explore, and discuss with delegates, the opportunities and challenges around harnessing innovation and technology for sustainable agrifood systems.
The agrifood sector is undergoing transformative change in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, mitigate climate change and protect landscapes and nature. Sustainability is now central to supply chain discussions across the UK and global food industries.
Technological innovation and data are vital in helping the food supply chain adapt to the sustainability challenge, from farm level right through to the consumer. Innovation can help businesses support the UK’s legal commitment to net zero; make food production smarter; and maximise supply chain efficiency and transparency – creating a food system that is better for both people and planet.
- Jo Churchill MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Indro Mukerjee, Chief Executive, Innovate UK
- Prof. Pete Smith, Professor of Soils and Global Change at the Institute of Biological and Environmental Sciences at the University of Aberdeen
- Anna Turrell, Head of Environment, Tesco
- Cliona Howie, Chief Executive Director, Foundation Earth
Broadcaster Charlotte Smith, of BBC Countryfile and BBC Radio 4’s Farming Today, is guest compere.
- Learn more about emerging technologies that could support sustainability within your business
- Gain a fresh perspective and new insight to help prepare, withstand and adapt to shifting market demands
- A valuable chance to step back, reflect and focus on key challenges and opportunities for futureproofing your business and wider supply chain
- Be inspired by, and put your questions to, some of the leading and most influential thought-leaders in their respective fields of expertise.