Agri-EPI Centre is delighted invite you to attend our Annual Conference on 6 October 2020. This virtual conference will provide valuable insight into the future direction of food production through a series of live panel discussions as agri-tech is discussed candidly in the context of policy, investment, on-farm uptake, processor and retailer perspectives and much more. The conference is a must-attend for all collaborators across the agri-food supply chain and it will provide valuable sector awareness around agri-tech’s role in a post COVID and Brexit world.
The theme of the event is underpinned by connecting agri-tech to farms. Our keynote speaker is from ‘The Voice of British Farming’, NFU Vice-President Tom Bradshaw.
In addition, we will also disseminate project information on automation and 3D Imaging & visualisation. Speakers also include: NFU Chief Policy Adviser, Dr Andrew Francis, Industry Expert Phil Wilkinson, Professor Andrew Fearne of Value Chain Management, Sophie Alexander of Hemsworth Farms, Agri-EPI’s Senior Investment Adviser John Grealish plus many more.
The day will run in a series of virtual panel discussions between 9am and 3pm:
- Session 1 | 9am – 9.45am – Welcome & Keynote Address
- Session 2 | 9.45am -10.30am – Drivers and Barriers to the Uptake of Technology on farms
- Session 3 | 10.45am – 11.30am – Future Direction of Agricultural Policy & Investment
- Session 4 | 11.30am – 12.15pm – Agri-tech’s Role in the Agri-food Supply Chain, Retailer, Processor and Consumer Perspective
- Session 5 | 1pm – 2pm – The Future of Farming: Automation & 3D Imagery
- Session 6 | 2pm – 3pm – Hackathon Winners presentation on technological solutions in response to COVID19
This event is supported by