Agri-EPI’s Head of Dairy, Duncan Forbes, is one of the speakers at the Online Dairy Seminar, organised by the Engineering for Food and Drink Special Interest Group. A free five-day event, consisting of a series of lunchtime webinars exploring the future of dairy and discussing key global Dairy research topics.
Audience and programme
We warmly invite our network working within food, engineering, technology & research to attend.
There are five daily sessions from 12-1pm (GMT) each day that feature two different speakers per day:
Monday 22 February
- Charles Nicklin CEng MIAgrE – CEO of IAgrE – will introduce the series and explain the role of the Institution in Food Engineering fir the future and how professional registration can benefit the careers of those involved in the sector
- Duncan Forbes – Head of Dairy at Agri-EPI Centre – Future Dairy – a vision for the future of milk production (touching upon the automated South West Dairy Development Centre in Shepton Mallet)
Tuesday 23 February
- Charles Adetunji – Edo University Iyamho – Food Safety and nutritional value of fermented and indigenous drinks to Nigeria & Sub-Saharan Africa
- Moses Abalaka – Federal University of Technology Minna – Enhancing the nutritional value of milk in rural areas of developing countries through processing
Wednesday 24 February
- Peter Swift – GEA Westfalia – Milking machines and links of machine and teat
- Daniel Bussmann – GEA Westfalia – Processing of milk focusing on the latest centrifugal separation technologies
Thursday 25 February
- Nik Watson – University of Nottingham – Optimising of cleaning processes through data driven sensing
- Heena Sharma – Dairy Institute India – Processing of goat milk and milk products : An overview
Friday 26 February
- Ulrich Müller – TH OWL, Life Science Technologies – Counterstream injection technology case studies and potentials for dairy applications
- Daniel von der Gablentz – Vod-engineering – Validation of dairy bottling plants
- Charles Nicklin – CEO IAgrE – will round up the sessions and thank the participants
Event partners include:
Edo University Iyamho, GEA Westfalia, National Dairy Institute India, Technische Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe, University of Nottingham, University of Technology Minna, Vod-engineering GmbH and Agri-EPI Centre.
“Food Engineering is a technical multi-disciplinary profession that deals with the system and structures of food, pro-duction processes as well as physical, (bio)chemical and biological transformation processes. It is based on scientific laws and economical, ecological and social, cultural and religious norms.”
The Institution of Agricultural Engineers (IAgrE) is a professional membership organisation with grades for all those working, or with an interest in, engineering, science and technology within agriculture and the environment. A registered charity working for the public benefit, IAgrE brings together academics, practitioners and industry to share knowledge and promote professionalism in the advancement and application of technology in the landbased sector. For more information, please visit: https://iagre.org